LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Corruption with a little bit of everything on the Freeps side.  (Read 4960 times)

January 15, 2015, 09:49:53 AM
Read 4960 times

Sven_24

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Corruption with a little bit of everything on the Freeps side.
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:49:53 AM »
Towers Deck

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Tired Traveller
Ring: The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

Adventure deck:
The Riddermark
Fangorn Forest
Golden Hall
Westemnet Hills
Hornburg Parapet
Hornburg Hall
Cavern Entrance
Wizard's Vale
Palantir Chamber

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
4x Gandalf, The White Wizard
1x Lindenroot, Elder Shepherd
1x Quickbeam, Bregalad (Starting)
1x Skinbark, Fladrif
1x Aragorn, Wingfoot
1x Faramir, Son of Denethor
1x Merry, Impatient Hobbit (Starting)
1x Pippin, Just a Nuisance (Starting)
1x Sam, Samwise the Brave
1x Treebeard, Earthborn
1x Shadowfax
1x Ranger's Sword, Blade of Aragorn
1x Sword of Gondor
2x Hobbit Sword
1x Gandalf's Staff, Walking Stick
1x Crack Into Rubble
1x Grown Suddenly Tall
1x Have Patience
1x Pathfinder
3x Severed His Bonds
3x Swiftly and Softly
2x Enraged
2x Ent Moot
1x Cliffs of Emyn Muil

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Gollum, Stinker
3x Easterling Captain
4x Easterling Guard
4x Easterling Lieutenant
2x Southron Commander
4x Easterling Polearm
4x We Must Have It
1x Discovered
2x On the March
4x Vision From Afar
2x Evil-smelling Fens

I have finally decided to post this deck after more than two years playing and tinkering with it. It has a pretty decent record over the course of its playing days (319W-74L). It is a lot of fun to play as it can handle most shadows and the shadow can add burdens real quick.

Even negative matchups work in my favor. I usually win the bid which allows me to focus on the free peoples win, so even if I run up against ring bound rangers I stay ahead so I don't have to rely on my shadow.

Ring Bound decks can be a problem, so I have come up with an emergency stratagy: Cavern Enterance, Suthron Commander, or Suthron Commander and on the march if I can't get Cavern Enterance out!

Would like to know what you guys think. I think it might be time to retire this deck and come up with something new.

January 15, 2015, 08:46:26 PM
Reply #1

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Corruption with a little bit of everything on the Freeps side.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 08:46:26 PM »
This is a pretty standard deck because it's successful. Also, you seem to know that going first in Towers Block is a big advantage. Using Southron Commander is a good idea. On the Shadow side, do you really need 4 Gollum + 4 We Must Have it? Gollum always feels like a "win more" card to me. I'd prefer one or two more Easterlings, or a nice Whirling Strike.

On the FP side, I prefer the common discarding hobbits - there are some times, particularly early, that you just need to get somebody out of the way. It's a more fiddly deck than I would play - 1 Treebeard, 1 Have Patience, 1 Ranger's Sword, 1 Sword of Gondor, 1 Crack into Rubble. I'd rather play 2 of things like Sword of Gondor and Grown Suddenly Tall. That would prevent Ent Moot, I guess, but I've found Boomed and Trumpeted better with unbound hobbits because the damage+2 is really useful.

January 16, 2015, 10:49:55 AM
Reply #2

Sven_24

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Corruption with a little bit of everything on the Freeps side.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:49:55 AM »
I like using Gollum because I am only focussing on adding burdens. In that respect her helps soak up archery against elf decks, also once 3 burdens are on the ringbearer he becomes a very effective fighter. He benifits from people that use the water ring, and he can bring back easterlings to add more burdens.

The fact that my shadow is only trying to add burdens is key. I am not trying to get my minions to be fierce and damage plus 1, I just want to add the burden and move on. The Captain does help but I would replace him with another minion that adds burdens if I could!

The Hobbits are usually expendable after site 5 once all of my stealths become useless. I guess it couldn't hurt to try and use the common ones as another way to cancel skirmishes. To be honest, I am not even sure why I have Treebeard in the deck. The amount of times I have used him with the hobbits can be counted on two hands.

It's been a fun deck to play, and I appreciate any reviews that are given. It's fun to see how others would play this type of deck.