LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Movie Block Definition and X-List  (Read 90681 times)

March 04, 2009, 07:33:19 AM
Reply #15

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Movie Block Definition and X-List
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 07:33:19 AM »
is there any R-list?

or is the X-list the only restrictions of the format?

March 06, 2009, 03:58:13 AM
Reply #16

Smeagollum

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 03:58:13 AM »
btw, x means not allowed at all doesn't it? Because I thought some of these cards were r-listed, allowed once, like forces of morder, no stranger to the shadows, Savagery to Match Their Numbers.....

No that came later Heije.

Ehm, Radagast is from Reflections, and some include reflections in movieblock

Actually that also came later. In first instance reflections wasn't part of filmblock. That's why I didn't want reflections in filmblock during the tournament in Amsterdam.

I'm surprised as well... Lady Redeemed should never have been printed!
Don't agree with you in that one. There's enough to do against her, but it would have been better if her text was: At the start of manouver or regroupphase or if she had to exert for it.

A couple of questions about what is "movie block" legal:

1. Are 0P56-60 legal? They came out after the release of Mount Doom but before the World Championship that year( i think)...were they eligible for Deciphercon 2004? I don't remember any Anarion decks back then and they also have resistance instead of signets.

2. Also, when was Agression banned? I remember that the Origins PSE that year was dominated and won by a dwarf deck and that was in july. The CRD that is posted is from early September, after the championship. I know that it was elves, not dwarves that dominated worlds that year, only a month after origins.....i'm guessing it was in the intermediate, but i didnt think it was x-listed before the end of "movie block"

Anyways, I'm new to the board but was a big player in the first half of this decade until the release of shadows and the subsequent rotation. I still play with a group of about 6 of my cousins every couple of months at family gatherings and we play "movie block". I have a dwarves deck that runs four agressions and i didn't realize it was banned until. Great card, but with the rule of four in place, i don't think it's broken. Or even half as powerful as Lady Reedemed. I realize that my questions are somewhat irrelevant about the order of things that happened five years ago, but my friends told me i could keep the agressions if i coud prove to them they weren't banned before the world championship but only after, during the break before Shadows.

If I'm correct Mount doom came out to late then and reflections came out oneweek before worlds. That's why there were no Onariondecks and so. Agression became banned either just after reflections or just after Mount Doom.. There was not a lot of time between these sets. But I think it was just after Reflections, because everybody complainted that dwarves had become overpowered.

whoa, so the shire countryside is a legal card in movieblock?
At that moment yes! Only just after release of shadows they changed rulings that it was allowed to play only once. And even that I think is rediculous, because there is enough against it.

Movie block was created from Reflections drafts, so you gotta think its legal!
No it was not! The rumour then was that Decipher allready had problems and they had load of cards from the first 2 set's. They just wanted to cash fast! They did the same with Star Wars ccg.

hmm... the old days.. actually they were more fun and everything was more balanced! I still don't like it that cards are banned.. You can restrict them or errata them, but please don't ban. Play everything! If you think something is overpowered then you should have the imagination to invent something to encounter such things. Eventually people will change decks then. For everything there is a counter.

But just imagine how populair lotr was back then! I remember playing European championship in 2004 with about 180 people and that were just the only people who did qualify! I also remember the guy who played the finals a day before the EC and it was about a few thousand euro. Just before the final he decided to walk a bit. He lost because he came back to late! Imagine that!

June 16, 2009, 09:48:08 AM
Reply #17

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »
I keep hearing people mention that Lady Redeemed is X-Listed for Movie Block, but I don't see her on this list.

Is that just everyone understanding that she should be X-Listed, or is it just a mistake?

Thanks in advance for the help.
"On Olympus, we measure Wisdom against Athena, Speed against Hermes, Power against Zeus. But we measure Courage... against Captain America." - Hercules

June 16, 2009, 11:04:27 AM
Reply #18

Kralik

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 11:04:27 AM »
I keep hearing people mention that Lady Redeemed is X-Listed for Movie Block, but I don't see her on this list.

Is that just everyone understanding that she should be X-Listed, or is it just a mistake?

Thanks in advance for the help.

She isn't technically, but I haven't seen her played much, mostly because it's understood that she is OP.

June 16, 2009, 11:56:26 AM
Reply #19

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
Yea, I figured as much.
Thanks.
"On Olympus, we measure Wisdom against Athena, Speed against Hermes, Power against Zeus. But we measure Courage... against Captain America." - Hercules

July 23, 2009, 12:17:34 PM
Reply #20

Ungoliant

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »
Ah quick question can anyone tell me why certain cards were banned like Flaming Brand, •Ottar, Man of Laketown?

July 23, 2009, 02:28:24 PM
Reply #21

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »
Flamin brand sends nazgul back to the stone age. It was for what it costed too powerful In the days of fellowship you had aagorn with 2 brands being str 14 dmg+2 vs nazgul. Sinec nazguls dont really ahve good pumps, you can imagien the damage.

Ottar was considered (and this I aint sure) too strong for his ability. Not only did you draw cards with him, you get rid of dead weight as well.

July 24, 2009, 06:32:50 AM
Reply #22

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 06:32:50 AM »
plus Flaming Brand wasn't cultural enforced, so Eomer could bear it too....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

July 24, 2009, 08:34:40 AM
Reply #23

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 08:34:40 AM »
why is 7C96 Gondorian Captain x-ed?
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

July 24, 2009, 08:56:12 AM
Reply #24

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 08:56:12 AM »
cause with him and Base of Mindolluin you can draw all the fellowship stuff and you're left with nothing but shadow....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:04:17 AM by Gil-Estel »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

July 24, 2009, 09:04:20 AM
Reply #25

Kralik

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 09:04:20 AM »
Ottar was considered (and this I aint sure) too strong for his ability. Not only did you draw cards with him, you get rid of dead weight as well.

Don't forget initiative loss abuse (such as A Light in His Mind).

Base of Mindolluin. (EDIT: Gil beat me to it!) :)

July 24, 2009, 09:04:52 AM
Reply #26

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »
hehe :)

July 24, 2009, 09:23:28 AM
Reply #27

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 09:23:28 AM »

Don't forget initiative loss abuse (such as A Light in His Mind).

Base of Mindolluin. (EDIT: Gil beat me to it!) :)

Ottar was banned during TTT before even BOHD was released, and iniative loss came at MT Doom. I think he was banned before hand, tho those cards made sure he wouldnt come back anyway either.

July 24, 2009, 09:42:22 AM
Reply #28

Kralik

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
Ottar was banned during TTT before even BOHD was released, and iniative loss came at MT Doom. I think he was banned before hand, tho those cards made sure he wouldnt come back anyway either.

Ah, thanks for the clarification RB. Always thought it was due to initiative.

August 25, 2009, 02:00:58 PM
Reply #29

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »
Why is Sting banned but Glamdring (1R75) is not?
-wtk