LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Daily 3  (Read 15515 times)

February 10, 2009, 11:27:23 AM
Reply #15

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
Re: The Daily 3
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
I haven't really developed the outlaw theme very much, but I hope to eventually do so. Meanwhile....

[4]Aragorn, Son of Arathorn [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ranger.
When you play Aragorn (except in your starting fellowship), you may play an artifact or possession on him from your draw deck or discard pile.
Assignment: Exert Aragorn twice to spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the end of the turn unless that minion's owner pays its twilight cost again.
"‘But I am Aragorn, and those verses go with that name.' He drew out his sword, and they saw that the blade was indeed broken a foot below the hilt."

[1]Aragorn's Bow, Longbow of the North [Gondor]
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is an archer.
Archery: Exert Aragorn to make a Shadow player choose 3 minions. Other minions cannot take archery wounds until the regroup phase.
"‘…and though I cannot disappear, I have hunted many wild and wary things and I can usually avoid being seen, if I wish.'"

[3]Andúril, Renowned Blade [Gondor]
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Aragorn or Elendil. Bearer gains damage +1 and hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to take a [Gondor] event from your discard pile into hand (limit once per phase).
"Very bright was that sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it...."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:03:25 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 10, 2009, 12:46:07 PM
Reply #16

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Ranger.
When you play Aragorn (except in your starting fellowship), you may play an artifact or possession on him from your draw deck or discard pile.
Assignment: Exert Aragorn twice to spot a minion. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the end of the turn unless that minion's owner pays its twilight cost again.
"‘But I am Aragorn, and those verses go with that name.' He drew out his sword, and they saw that the blade was indeed broken a foot below the hilt."
I think there's no need for hunter 1 partly because it makes the card a bit too powerful and also because it's not necessary flavour with the subtitle. Other than that, this is a cool Aragorn. :up:

Archery: Exert Aragorn to make a Shadow player choose 2 minions. Other minions cannot take archery wounds until the regroup phase.
"‘…and though I cannot disappear, I have hunted many wild and wary things and I can usually avoid being seen, if I wish.'"
Very interesting. I think perhaps it should be 3 minions, or exert him twice to choose 2 minions? Not sure; exerting once to basically kill 2 minions seems a bit good.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Maneuver: Exert bearer to take a [Gondor] event from your discard pile into hand (limit once per phase).
"Very bright was that sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it...."
I don't think hunter fits the flavour of Anduril. But other than that, tis also cool.

I like these; good stuff!

Thranduil

February 10, 2009, 07:15:41 PM
Reply #17

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous Prodigy
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. Ranger.

Yeah, can you believe Decipher never used that subtitle? Thran and I usually disagree regarding hunter, but in this case I agree: doesn't quite fit with this version. He's plenty powerful without it, anyway.

Archery: Exert Aragorn to make a Shadow player choose 2 minions. Other minions cannot take archery wounds until the regroup phase.

Yeah, I agree with Thran again. Make it three minions, or perhaps two with strength less than Gorn.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1

Here I disagree with my esteemed colleague...keep the hunter. :up:

Great to see you back in DCing, buddy. :gp: Keep it up!
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

February 11, 2009, 04:41:25 AM
Reply #18

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 04:41:25 AM »
I think the bow could be tailored towards archery decks ONLY, like, by making Aragorn strength -2, maybe -3? It'd be more than fine, then, to keep the ability intact.

February 11, 2009, 08:07:42 AM
Reply #19

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »
Dropped hunter on Gorn and made the Bow spot 3 minions. To everyone's liking, I hope?

[5]Elendil, Of Westernesse [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Defender +1. To play, spot 3 [Gondor] Men.
At the start of each turn, you may exert Elendil to play a [Gondor] card from your draw deck or discard pile.
"‘…the hosts of Gil-galad and Elendil were mustered in Arnor.'"

(0) Kindreds United [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Tale. Exert a [Gondor] Man to make an [Elven] Elf strength +3 (and gain hunter 1 if that Elf is skirmishing an Orc).
"‘It was Gil-galad, Elven-king and Elendil of Westernesse who overthrew Sauron....'"

(0)Heir of Elendil [Gondor]
Condition
Strength +1
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Gondor] token or draw a card.
Response: If Aragorn is about to take a wound, discard this condition to prevent that wound.
"‘In this hour take the name that was foretold for you....'"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:50:41 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 11, 2009, 08:13:54 AM
Reply #20

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »

[5]Elendil, Of Westernesse [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Muster. To play, spot 3 [Gondor] Men.
At the start of each turn, you may exert Elendil to play a [Gondor] card from your draw deck or discard pile.
"‘…the hosts of Gil-galad and Elendil were mustered in Arnor.'"

Fine. Quite cool.

[1] Kindreds United [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Tale. Exert a [Gondor] Man to make an [Elven] Elf strength +3 (and gain hunter 1 if that Elf is skirmishing an Orc).
"‘It was Gil-galad, Elven-king and Elendil of Westernesse who overthrew Sauron....'"

Youre exerting so gotta be free to make it worth especially as it already requires 2 cultures out.

(0)Heir of Elendil [Gondor]
Condition
Strength +1
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Gondor] token or draw a card.
Response: If Aragorn is about to take a wound, discard this condition to prevent that wound.
"‘In this hour take the name that was foretold for you....'"

Hmmm with three cool aspects it might have to cost 1. Its on the cusp of balance.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

February 11, 2009, 08:25:01 AM
Reply #21

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 08:25:01 AM »
Good call on Kindreds United. :gp:

February 11, 2009, 08:30:08 AM
Reply #22

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »
I think Elendil, given that he's damned hard to play, would be cooler with defender +1 instead of damage +1.

And I might be agreeing with lem0n about Heir of Elendil costing [1].

Thranduil

February 11, 2009, 08:52:03 AM
Reply #23

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 08:52:03 AM »
I dropped muster and added damage +1. :up:

February 11, 2009, 10:11:58 AM
Reply #24

GloinTheDark

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »
I think Aragorn's ability should prevent minions from being assigned until the regroup phase.  If he uses his ability on a balrog then you're already missing out on the fight and the fierce skirmish (if he's fierce). 

When does the shadow player pay the twilight again?  Is it in the assignment phase, or does he have to wait until his next shadow phase?  I'm assuming it's in the assignment phase.

Therefore if you use Aragorn's ability and the twilight is not there to pay for the minion again, you've got a balrog that is not going to skirmish, then not fierce skirmish.  Then if you move again and the shadow player has missed his opportunity to repay for his balrog the balrog will not fight the next skirmish, and fierce skirmish.  The shadow player can't play another one because there is already one sitting on the table. 

Anyway, just a thought.

Love the potential of Kindreds United with a Last Alliance deck.

Elendil's a beast!

February 11, 2009, 10:17:49 AM
Reply #25

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 10:17:49 AM »
Yeah, the whole deal with Gorn is for the exact reason you pointed out; to not make minions fight. He's not supposed to be convenient for the Shadow guys to deal with. Thanks for the review, though. :gp:

February 12, 2009, 07:22:07 AM
Reply #26

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 07:22:07 AM »
[4]Elrond, Master of Healing [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 7
Muster.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert Elrond to heal another companion (and draw a card if you can spot 2 or more Free Peoples cultures).
Regroup: Exert Elrond and discard a card from hand to discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
"‘…but the weapons of our Enemy are deadly.'"

(0) Healing of Elrond [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship or Regroup: Spot Elrond and discard this condition to heal an exhausted companion and draw a card.
"‘Then Elrond removed a splinter.'"

[1] Make for Rivendell [Elven]
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elf to replace the fellowship's current site with a site from your adventure deck. If that site is a forest or river, you may draw a card.
"…his heart was moved suddenly with a desire to see the house of Elrond Halfelven, and breathe the air of that deep valley where many of the Fair Folk still dwelt in peace."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:03:47 AM by Anonymous Prodigy »

February 12, 2009, 07:45:01 AM
Reply #27

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 07:45:01 AM »
Elronds healing ability is UP overall id say.

The second card could cost 0 as it targets just elrond.

The last card i think you could draw a card without discarding one, or do it as a either/or so you have the choice.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

February 12, 2009, 08:04:08 AM
Reply #28

Anonymous Prodigy

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 08:04:08 AM »
Done, done, and done. Thanks! :gp:

February 12, 2009, 11:39:35 AM
Reply #29

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
Hmmm.... A lot of fellowship card draw in the [Elven] culture... Not sure.

Thranduil