LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Just a fun deck  (Read 3873 times)

March 30, 2010, 03:04:30 AM
Read 3873 times

Smeagollum

Just a fun deck
« on: March 30, 2010, 03:04:30 AM »
Frodo, Son of Drogo
The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Adventure

Sleeping Quarters
Rohirrim Camp
Hall of the Kings
Pelennor Plain
Crashed Gate
Minas Tirith First Circle
Pelennor Grassland
Northern Ithilien
Haunted Pass

Freepeople

1x Faramir, Son of Denethor
1x Smeagol, Always Helps
1x Merry, Friend to Sam
1x Sam, Resolute Halfling
1x Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar
1x Boromir, Son of Denethor
1x Pippin, Woolly-footed Rascal

1x Tom Bombadil, The Master

1x Hobbit Sword
1x Sting, Baggins Heirloom

2x Don't Look at Them
3x Shadowplay

4x Impatient and Angry
3x Mind Your Own Affairs
3x No Use That Way
3x Not Listening
3x Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom   
3x Dear Friends
3x Unheeded

Freepeople's strategy
Start with Merry, Pippin and Sam  so that you can play all your possesions. Also start with Smeagol. Strategy is to exhaust (Smeagol) and wound (Cliffs of Emyn Muil, Don't Look at Them, Mind Your Own Affairs and No Use That Way ). Remove burdens or threats with Tom Bombadil, The Master and Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom (Tom and Goldberry can be used to exert for NFFATROD). Remove burdens with Not Listening (and heal Smeagol) or with Impatient and Angry. Use Sam for healing if you've got innitiative. Use Aragorn to get wounds transferred to Sam so he'll be able to heal). Merry and Boromir are there for Pump when needed and Ttotgr is in for covering a hobbit not to be overwhelmed. A Promise is in to make Frodo and Sam Stronger. Use Sting BH to make Smeagol Stronger.

Shadow (Shadow is a copy from someone else.., nothing I invented)

3x Gollum, Old Villain
1x Gollum, Plotting Deceiver
4x Evil-smelling Fens
2x Let Her Deal With Them
4x Captured by the Ring

3x Constantly Threatening
4x Dunlending Rampager
4x Dunlending Renegade
3x Wild Men of the Hills
4x Hides

1x Mumak Chieftain
1x Mumakil

1x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul

1x Shelob, Last Child of Ungoliant
1x Sauron, The Lord of the Rings

Shadow Strategy
Can be read elsewhere.....

Deck updated: Replaced 4x A Promise, 1x NFFATROD, 1x Goldberry,1x Not Listening, 1x CoEM, 1x TTotGR for 3x Unheeded, 3x Dear Friends, 3x Shadowplay. Still concidering to swap Faramir sod for Faramir WP. Replaced 1 Wild Men for a Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:26:31 PM by Smeagollum »

March 30, 2010, 08:46:47 AM
Reply #1

Gwaihir

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Just a fun deck
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:46:47 AM »
You need Frodo's cloak to protect against Easterlings with their little I'm invincible axe.

March 30, 2010, 02:11:18 PM
Reply #2

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »
I'm not sure about your shadow. It looks like it comes from Kralik's invinsible deck and it was only made to be able to play minions after your entire deck is discarded. I'm not sure it fits with your deck (except for Don't Look at Them that can discard some cards).

Your fellowship confuses me. It looks like you want to wound minions by adding burdens. Cards like A Promise are not needed. Why is Pippin here? What about Merry? I'm pretty sure Legolas, GL and Aragorn's Bow would do a better job. Shadowplay would be good as well.

March 30, 2010, 03:58:08 PM
Reply #3

Smeagollum

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »
You need Frodo's cloak to protect against Easterlings with their little I'm invincible axe.
Could be, but then I'll make sure that I'll remove burdens ;)

I'm not sure about your shadow. It looks like it comes from Kralik's invinsible deck and it was only made to be able to play minions after your entire deck is discarded. I'm not sure it fits with your deck (except for Don't Look at Them that can discard some cards).

Your fellowship confuses me. It looks like you want to wound minions by adding burdens. Cards like A Promise are not needed. Why is Pippin here? What about Merry? I'm pretty sure Legolas, GL and Aragorn's Bow would do a better job. Shadowplay would be good as well.

Think I mentioned that about the shadow. Pippin is there because I don't want to play over 3 cultures and everything with the frodo-signet. Replacing A promise with Shadowplay is actually a great idea plus 4x unheeded.

You forget I also discard cards with Sam ;) The shadow fits great... It was so fast... unbelievable... didn't expected it... Big compliments for the one who invented that one  :gp:

Why the confusion? Yep I want to wound with adding burdens. I remove burdens fast enough (actually a bit to fast... had on some points 3x Not listening in my hand instead of the burden adders).

Oh.. by the way.. Just don't want to play with SCS or a Slaked thirst.. The deck is allready looking to much like Kralik's deck. I Only use a different way to wound and heal.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:34:58 PM by Smeagollum »