LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 164761 times)

November 22, 2019, 07:47:23 AM
Reply #2385

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #2385 on: November 22, 2019, 07:47:23 AM »
Lore of Imladris will be fixed in the next update.

The issue with Gollum is also server-side, the action of assigning a character to a skirmish isn't currently available as a cost to an action. I'm sure it will be fixed when MarcinS makes the rest of the changes.

November 23, 2019, 01:04:17 PM
Reply #2386

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #2386 on: November 23, 2019, 01:04:17 PM »
Halls of my home (yes, that dwarven event that nobody uses) is bugged because it doesn't let you choose your opponent's deck (it always reveals yours).
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

November 24, 2019, 05:02:50 PM
Reply #2387

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #2387 on: November 24, 2019, 05:02:50 PM »
Goblin Spear doesn't appear to add burdens.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

November 25, 2019, 06:51:54 AM
Reply #2388

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #2388 on: November 25, 2019, 06:51:54 AM »
Arwen's ability from set 3 is not triggered when Frodo has the ring on (not able to discard 3 cards to prevent a wound).
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

November 25, 2019, 09:14:57 AM
Reply #2389

ToPaxyGourouni

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2389 on: November 25, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »
If Gandalf already equips shadowfax greatest of the mearas, then any other equipment you try to give him (ie herb pouch) is getting discarderd. However, according to the text of the mount, other equipment should only be discarded when you play shadowfax only.

November 25, 2019, 09:19:22 AM
Reply #2390

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2390 on: November 25, 2019, 09:19:22 AM »
Arwen's ability from set 3 is not triggered when Frodo has the ring on (not able to discard 3 cards to prevent a wound).

The One Ring is a mandatory response and Arwen is an optional response, so unfortunately The One Ring will always happen first.

November 25, 2019, 09:43:12 AM
Reply #2391

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2391 on: November 25, 2019, 09:43:12 AM »
If Gandalf already equips shadowfax greatest of the mearas, then any other equipment you try to give him (ie herb pouch) is getting discarderd. However, according to the text of the mount, other equipment should only be discarded when you play shadowfax only.

Because it has the same wording as Watcher in the Water, Many-tentacled Creature (which is generally accepted as a constant effect), it works the same way. Another casualty of Decipher's inability to proofread in the later years. Whether or not the text should continually discard minions or possessions might be open to some debate, so if you think it should work differently post a new topic on the rules board, Archives of Minas Tirith.

Unfortunately, whether or not it was intended to continually discard possessions is irrelevant. It's just as likely that the effect was intended and whoever wrote the card thought that Glamdring was an artifact, for example.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 01:28:03 PM by Phallen Cassidy »

November 28, 2019, 06:05:20 AM
Reply #2392

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2392 on: November 28, 2019, 06:05:20 AM »
Because it has the same wording as Watcher in the Water, Many-tentacled Creature (which is generally accepted as a constant effect), it works the same way. Another casualty of Decipher's inability to proofread in the later years.
I have to disagree. "While is used if an effect is continuous." Don't want to sound pedantic, but "if" is a very mighty logic connector.

Hearken to Me has the same format of text, and specifies "Shadow conditions may not be played on Theoden" as if the discarding text wasn't enough. That specification wouldn't be necessary if Shadow conditions played after Hearken to Me comes into play were immediately discarded by a continuous effect.

Whether you're right or I am, not only Shadowfax GotM and WitW MtC would be ruled the same way, but also Hearken to Me. That is, either "GotM discards a subsequent Wizard Staff" + "MtC discards a subsequent, say Gollum" + "Hearken to Me discards a Black Breath transferred to Theoden", or not to all of them.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:10:58 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

November 29, 2019, 02:17:35 PM
Reply #2393

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #2393 on: November 29, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »
It has always bugged me that Gemp didn't discard Blade Tip transferred to Theoden with Hearken to Me. One of the rules gurus here had the phrase 'cards do as they say'. The card says to discard the blade tip, so I feel it should.

November 30, 2019, 04:00:49 PM
Reply #2394

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2394 on: November 30, 2019, 04:00:49 PM »
Well, Gemp is clearly incorrect about applying one rule to Hearken to Me / Shadowfax GotM and another to Watcher MTC. That's clear. But now I'm dismissing my own previous post, the whole "continuous ONLY IF says while" idea...

I believe now that Hearken to Me must be continuous. I was writing a fancy detailed explanation about why Hearken to Me must be NOT continuous just because doesn't say "while you can spot this card" or "while this condition is borne by Théoden"... just to realize that Saruman KoI does exactly the same: he doesn't say "while you can spot Saruman, Uruk-Hai are fierce." Nor Lord of Moria says "while you can spot this condition." So if effects could ONLY be continuous by having "while" written in them, Uruks would be fierce due to Saruman effect only during the phase he is played. Shadow phase only, absurd!

The text I quoted from the Comprehensive Rules document, "While is used if an effect is continuous", rules over continuous "triggered effects". Well, either none of those 3 cards have triggered effects, or all are self-triggered effects: triggered by simply being there. Which makes the hypothetical "while you can spot Saruman / Lord of Moria / Hearken to Me" text redundant and thus unnecessary to write. That quoted text is followed immediately by an example: "While Merry bears a weapon, he is strength +2." But Merry FOtB cannot self-fulfill his own trigger. The trigger MUST be written in that case; and uses "while" to differentiate from "when" and "each time" (non always-self-fulfilling) triggers.

TL;DR yeah, Hearken to Me is bugged and should discard Blade Tip. Phallen Cassidy was right.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

December 02, 2019, 03:02:32 AM
Reply #2395

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #2395 on: December 02, 2019, 03:02:32 AM »
Site 3: Deathless Lord wins a skirmish, but I get no option to wound an opponent's Ally who has only 1 Vitality left.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Malachi$j5cbkn5lgv498x0m

December 02, 2019, 06:19:21 AM
Reply #2396

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2396 on: December 02, 2019, 06:19:21 AM »
That's not a bug. From Comprehensive Rules document:

"If the effect of a card or special ability requires you to choose one of two different actions, you must choose an action that you are fully capable of performing (if possible)."

An exhausted ally cannot take 2 full wounds, just like Boromir BoC bearing an Armor cannot take 2 wounds in skirmish, so those options are not available. The only time Deathless Lord can wound an exhausted ally is when the other option cannot be done at all (all companions are exhausted), and no ally can take 2 full wounds (all are exhausted, or only Bilbo is not but bears CWW).

December 02, 2019, 05:19:48 PM
Reply #2397

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #2397 on: December 02, 2019, 05:19:48 PM »
Balin Avenged's skirmish special ability cannot be used. Host of Moria can play skirmish events from the discard pile during the shadow phase.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

December 03, 2019, 10:16:01 AM
Reply #2398

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2398 on: December 03, 2019, 10:16:01 AM »
Balin Avenged's skirmish special ability cannot be used. Host of Moria can play skirmish events from the discard pile during the shadow phase.

Humorously enough, Balin Avenged has never had its skirmish ability coded in. I'm not sure if nobody cared or nobody noticed, but it will be fixed next reset.

I put a fix in for Host of Moria, but it's worth noting that the underlying logic for the new format isn't prohibiting events from being played outside of their phases overall - MarcinS will need to address that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:23:22 PM by Phallen Cassidy »

December 06, 2019, 02:18:55 AM
Reply #2399

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #2399 on: December 06, 2019, 02:18:55 AM »
Opponent has Silinde and their Ford of Bruinen site. All my Nazguls are Twilight Cost -5 at other sites (4,5,6) even though the gametext of the site says that the first Nazgul is only cost -5 when played at that site.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Malachi$y3h20jxlkvtft9x2