LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 30449 times)

June 15, 2014, 01:41:51 PM
Reply #15

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »
Cool! To make the responses:
*0P127 is discussed here on the boards. Here's the thread from hawkeyespf: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,354.0.html

*I opened a lot of reflections packs and know there were 2 R/R+. I also just bought a pack on GEMP and got two cards from set 9. Also, here's an online page referring to "two brand-new game play cards" http://www.trollandtoad.com/p115092.html

*I'm happy with the green changes about Masterworks.

*For starter packs, starter packs/decks had P-rarity cards in sets 1-10. For instance, Fellowship had 1P364 Gandalf, the Grey Wizard and 1P365 Aragorn, King in Exile. Ents of Fangorn had 6P121 and 6P122. If you look at the card lists for each set, you'll see the P cards at the end. That's what I meant - the non-foil versions of those cards only came in starter packs. Starting with set 11, P rarity became S because there were more starter-only cards.

The deluxe box sets were an exception, because if you look at the card lists for those decks, they include no P cards.

June 15, 2014, 05:30:06 PM
Reply #16

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »
Ah, I see.  Hurr durr, I knew about the P-rarity cards, I thought you were referring to more than just that, like Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor or something.  I'll edit the part in question to make that bit more clear, and add a reference to 0P127's value later.

Thanks for the rest of your info!  It really is a help.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

July 29, 2015, 07:04:52 AM
Reply #17

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »
I'm going to be writing articles for individual cards, ideally on a daily basis, so I'll reference them here in case anyone's interested in reading and giving feedback.

For starters, I've done Saruman, Keeper of Isengard and Saruman, Servant of the Eye.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

July 29, 2015, 08:57:18 AM
Reply #18

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »
I just read both articles. Saruman SotE can also be used to protect Isengard Smith from tank skirmishers (and Isengard Warrior protects from archery), so wrote about that in the first paragraph.

EDIT: Added Arwen Queen of Elves and Men to the "Weak versus" list of Saruman SotE. Also added the combo of Unknown Perils + [4] in Strength of Spirit (in "Strong versus... Wounds") and other card combos (TMAYOD and Boromir SoD in "Strong versus... Beatdown").
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:47:17 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

July 30, 2015, 04:07:20 AM
Reply #19

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 04:07:20 AM »
Thank you for the extra detail, the more people read and add to these card strategies, the better. Today I did Strength of Spirit. I may start doing smaller articles in groups, as it feels like a waste of a post otherwise.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

July 31, 2015, 07:11:02 AM
Reply #20

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 07:11:02 AM »
Ha, it's not a waste, and if it prevents burnout so much the better.  Post whatever you feel comfortable with.

I added a line to Strength of Spirit referencing Intimidate, to compare/contrast.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

July 31, 2015, 08:47:19 AM
Reply #21

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »

July 31, 2015, 09:04:32 AM
Reply #22

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »
Good article, made some minor formatting edits.  In particular note that your "Culture Hate" bullet point auto-linked both to the Culture page and to the Hate card, which wasn't your intent.  In situations like that, you can filter out these unwanted auto-links by putting a ! immediately in front of the word.  In this case, I edited the line to:

Code: [Select]
  * !Culture !Hate (Two Towers onwards)
This is a pain with some articles, such as set or even ring (if you look back on some of the one ring articles you've made, they're all minefields of the phrase "The One !Ring").

(Fun fact, this also works on the forum itself.  I actually had to type two ! to make sure it wasn't filtered out.)

July 31, 2015, 11:37:00 AM
Reply #23

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the corrections, I've also had trouble when I talk about cards like The Prancing Pony it links to the Expanded version rather than the Fellowship version, is there a way to fix this?

July 31, 2015, 12:19:51 PM
Reply #24

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 12:19:51 PM »
In this case, you'd just have to link manually, like this:

Code: [Select]
[ [lotr01324|The Prancing Pony]]
(without the initial space between the brackets.  The forum unfortunately also parses this format, making any code seemingly impossible to actually post about without jumping through hoops, lol)

The Wiki Style and Code Snippets pages have other tips and tricks about this sort of thing.

July 31, 2015, 02:10:56 PM
Reply #25

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 02:10:56 PM »
In respect of Gandalf FotS, added "Multirace Hate" in the "Weak versus" list, and the only 3 examples of such Shadow cards I found: Massing in the East, One of You Must Do This and Old Differences.

Also changed "Culture Hate" to "Multiculture Hate", and added in that line "and hate to a specific culture or race", because FotS decks are also vulnerable to cards like Gleaming in the Snow, Through the Misty Mountains, The Long Dark, Moria Scout...
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 01, 2015, 07:53:43 AM
Reply #26

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 07:53:43 AM »
Thanks for the help and improvements. I did Sting, Throne of Isengard and Aragorn, Heir to the White City today.

August 03, 2015, 08:22:18 AM
Reply #27

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 08:22:18 AM »
Wrote article for Gandalf, The Grey Wizard. I do think this Gandalf is weaker than the other two, but I always try to write as much positive stuff as I can, rather than just recommend a different card.

EDIT: Did Gimli's Helm as well.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:32:52 PM by Dictionary »

August 04, 2015, 07:56:14 AM
Reply #28

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »
Expanded the strategy article and added strengths and weaknesses for Greatest Kingdom of my people.

August 05, 2015, 02:45:39 PM
Reply #29

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 02:45:39 PM »
Arwen, Daughter of Elrond. I'm getting a lot of red error messages on that page, and some others, saying things like "unable to load cache" - Can anybody else see these?

EDIT: Wrote article for Double Shot as well.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:38:13 PM by Dictionary »