LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 30643 times)

August 05, 2015, 06:36:59 PM
Reply #30

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »
Yes, the errors are a result of hard drive space running low on Kralik's server, so things such as the recent changes files error out when trying to modify them.  There haven't been any issues yet with articles...but I imagine at some point they'll come.  Hopefully Kralik will check his email at some point before it becomes a real issue.

Good work on the articles; concise and complete.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

August 06, 2015, 12:54:23 PM
Reply #31

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
Ah okay. Glad it's not just my pc then. Did Lord of Moria and Asfaloth today, and also added some more info to The Balrog, Durin's Bane.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

August 06, 2015, 05:02:39 PM
Reply #32

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2015, 05:02:39 PM »
Wrote article for Demon of Might. I was comparing Saruman's Staff, Wizard's Device with Staff of Saruman, Fallen Istar's Stave, as I'm planning to write articles for them soon. I have wondered though, FIS says it plays on a Wizard, rather than Saruman exclusively. However, the Deceived Wizards all say they can't bear cards. So is there any benefit to playing this on Gandalf or Radagast? In terms of raw stats, it's actually better than their staffs, which leaves me somewhat confused :-?
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

August 06, 2015, 05:30:53 PM
Reply #33

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »
This seems like one of those things that was done for flavor--note that Wizard Staff also plays on a Wizard, and both staves in question were taken by their opponent in the movies (well, in the books, anyway).  I'd bet that the developers wanted to introduce some sort of staff-stealing element that just didn't pan out both times, and so we're left with vague wording that doesn't make sense years later.

The only possible trick I can think of is playing FIS on an exhausted Radagast or Gandalf, playing something that forces an exertion during the shadow or maneuver phase, then use Strange-looking Men to transfer the staff and kill the fellowship wizard.  The individual steps could be prevented, but the actual death is pretty much uncounterable.

EDIT: or even the text on the staff itself; just keep saruman alive until regroup while the staff is on an exhausted fellowship wizard, and you can discard it that way.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

August 09, 2015, 12:29:25 PM
Reply #34

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 12:29:25 PM »
It's a shame they didn't, I would have liked a staff stealing concept.

Article for Saruman's Staff is done.

August 10, 2015, 07:53:53 AM
Reply #35

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 07:53:53 AM »
Hmmm, all at Regroup phase. Orc Overseer exhausting Gandalf, who bears Staff of Saruman. Then The Trees Are Strong discarding each [Isengard] Orc. Then Staff of Saruman's text returning Saruman to hand, and Gandy gets killed by the way. Somewhat unlikely to happen, but how cool it'd be!
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 10, 2015, 11:22:40 AM
Reply #36

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
Border Defenses written.

I suppose one could also try Saruman, CS + Mumak Commander, GatS (With Pavise if necessary) + Ted Sandyman to get rid of all the minions (Except Saruman).

August 12, 2015, 05:19:42 AM
Reply #37

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 05:19:42 AM »
FIS is up.

August 14, 2015, 05:06:02 AM
Reply #38

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2015, 05:06:02 AM »

August 14, 2015, 10:16:09 AM
Reply #39

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2015, 10:16:09 AM »
Ted Sandyman must be removed from the explanation of FIS. He can stack only [Men] Men and he is a [Men] Hobbit. So he'll be still present.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 14, 2015, 10:28:28 AM
Reply #40

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »
Done. I thought I had seen him stack himself in Gemp, but I must be remembering incorrectly. Also wrote article for Lorien Elf.

August 14, 2015, 02:53:16 PM
Reply #41

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
No, you are remembering right, that actually happens in Gemp. But that behavior of Ted Sandyman must be a bug.

In respect of Lorien Elf and Dwarf Guard, they are "weak" to cards that get bigger with each companion (or character) in the dead pile: Sauron's Defenses, Orc Butchery, Field of the Fallen, Beyond All Hope, Driven Back... So added those cards to their "weak versus" list.

Also added counters to Thrarin, DS in his "weak versus" list.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:55:23 PM by Durin's Heir »

August 15, 2015, 06:09:26 AM
Reply #42

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 06:09:26 AM »
Thanks for the additions. Added Uruk Fanatic to that list as well.
Wrote article for Ulaire Enquea, LoM. I listed the counters to his ability in the final paragraph of the strategy, but perhaps they'd look better in the Weak versus section? Also, Flaming Brand is effective against all Nazgul, so perhaps that's not worth a mention.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:11:04 AM by Dictionary »

August 15, 2015, 12:19:16 PM
Reply #43

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 12:19:16 PM »
Thanks for the additions. Added Uruk Fanatic to that list as well.
Right, thanks! Forgot about it, and about Houses of Lamentation. Added the Houses too.

About Enquea, Flaming Brand isn't effective against Shotgun Enquea's crowd control, but I think is still worth of mention. The Brand is enough to nullify most splash Nazgul in skirmish.

Added Terrible and Evil as a counter to Enquea LoM in the last paragraph.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:48:03 PM by Durin's Heir »

August 15, 2015, 12:42:37 PM
Reply #44

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
That's a good point, the Brand is technically worse for a splashed Enquea than a regular Nazgul. Thank you for adding Terrible and Evil as a counter too, as I easily forget that card (I've never used it). Wrote articles for Haldir, Elf of the Golden Wood and Haldir, Emissary of the Galadhrim.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:54:07 PM by Dictionary »