LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 31178 times)

October 11, 2015, 08:03:01 PM
Reply #90

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2015, 08:03:01 PM »
#$&*@!!  lol.  That's reverted a fix Kralik did before.  Fortunately, the enemy you know, etc.

There are instructions on how to get around this at the bottom of the Article Style Guide, pasted here for posterity:

Editing cards is a bit less intuitive than editing articles, though, due to the way that the card articles were generated. If you go to a page, such as The One Ring, Isildur's Bane, and hit "edit this page", you'll see that this shows the page layout including the card image, transcription, but the strategy info is on it's own page, which is referenced by the line {{page>:lotr01001wiki}} at the bottom. If you try to navigate to the page at lotr01001wiki, though, you'll find yourself automatically redirected back to the card's page!

This is annoying and not intuitive at all. Unfortunately, until Kralik wakes from his slumber it's all we've got. All that can be done is to add ?redirect=no to the end of the card's wiki page to edit that part of the strategy. Thus, for editing Isildur's Bane, we navigate to lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/lotr01001wiki?redirect=no and edit that page there. Thus, an easy way to get to the right page is to copy-paste wiki?redirect=no to the end of a card's URL.

TL;DR paste wiki?redirect=no at the end of the page you want to edit and then click 'edit this page'. 

Glad I didn't nuke that part of the style guide after Kralik fixed it the first time...I'll email him again, but I wouldn't hold my breath, lol. 
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

October 12, 2015, 10:12:10 AM
Reply #91

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »
Ah okay. That makes a lot more sense now, reminds me of when I wrote my first article and it redirected me to there when I was finished, so I thought I had deleted the card's picture and stats by accident!

Articles uploaded for Denizens Enraged, Drums in the Deep, Unfamiliar Territory and Goblin Spear.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

October 13, 2015, 11:15:22 AM
Reply #92

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2015, 11:15:22 AM »
Articles added for Boromir, LoG and Goblin Spearman.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

October 13, 2015, 06:46:08 PM
Reply #93

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2015, 06:46:08 PM »
Good articles. Added a new paragraph to the Goblin Spear article:

"You can help bearer to kill a companion by using Frenzy (assigns a Moria Orc to an exhausted companion). Getting an exhausted companion may be hard to achieve for a Swarm or a Beatdown Moria Shadow, but that's not a great problem for a good Moria Archery deck (or for Goblin Domain). Besides, normally Moria Archery will be countered by Isildur's Bane (converting X arrows into 2X burdens), so 1 or 2 more burdens may able you to trigger Shotgun Enquea (usually a splash in those decks) without having to refer to the number of companions. With all that in mind, Goblin Spear may be a really good weapon in Moria Archery decks if you pack the needed tools to support it."

Added Enduring Evil and Men Will Fall to Boromir LoG's weak versus list.

EDIT: Wrote another paragraph to the Spear's article, which points out a way to play it from discard pile on a non-Orc [Moria] minion (The Balrog or the Cave Troll) in formats that X-list the Relics of Moria, or if your Relics were discarded or still don't arrive. Useful in Movie Block decks (like corruption Balrog).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:29:55 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

October 14, 2015, 06:18:26 AM
Reply #94

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2015, 06:18:26 AM »
Thanks for the feedback :) Wrote articles for 1R307 (Pippin), 1C78 (Mysterious Wizard) and Pippin, Mr. Took.

October 14, 2015, 11:44:31 AM
Reply #95

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »
EDIT: Wrote another paragraph to the Spear's article, which points out a way to play it from discard pile on a non-Orc [Moria] minion (The Balrog or the Cave Troll) in formats that X-list the Relics of Moria, or if your Relics were discarded or still don't arrive. Useful in Movie Block decks (like corruption Balrog).

For some reason, I've never realized that you can play a Goblin Spear on the Balrog or Cave Troll. I get it, I just never would have noticed that it didn't have to be played on an Orc.
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

October 14, 2015, 11:46:35 AM
Reply #96

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »
A common Sealed tactic.

October 14, 2015, 06:18:48 PM
Reply #97

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2015, 06:18:48 PM »
Make Haste is better than Warmed Up a Bit to replay Pippin. Added it.

Mysterious Wizard... there are other Shadow cards that benefit from the twilight it makes: Guard Commander, Uruk Brood, Uruk Slayer, Ulaire Attea Keeper of Dol Guldur, Not Easily Destroyed, Orc Scimitar, Strength Born of Fear. Mysterious Wizard's cost also helps Under the Living Earth, Undaunted, Keep Your Forked Tongue, Gandalf's Staff Focus of Power and Unknown Perils. Added them too.

Sent Back cannot be used with Pippin Mr. Took's ability. Both are phase actions, so can't stack :( (it's stated at "Rules and Clarifications" in the same article). Therefore, removed Sent Back from that article. If Mr. Took's gametext was "During the fellowship phase, Gandalf and Aragorn are twilight cost -2", it would stack with any other card like the Prancing Pony, AWINL and Sent Back, and wouldn't modify their cost at the starting fellowship. Shame, would be very useful.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

October 15, 2015, 01:13:09 PM
Reply #98

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »
@Rubbercarp: I do find it to be a strange design decision on Decipher's part with the spear. I assume it was intentional, and it makes some sense for the Cave Troll, but the Balrog? They could've just given him the same line as the Watcher, as his weapons are artifacts anyway.

@Durin's Heir: Yes, I wrote that clarification, but I thought that Sent Back was worded differently; thanks for clearing that up. Great stuff for Mysterious Wizard too!

EDIT: Let Them Come! done.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:08:41 AM by Dictionary »

October 17, 2015, 07:51:14 AM
Reply #99

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2015, 07:51:14 AM »
Article for Iron Axe done.

October 18, 2015, 04:50:40 AM
Reply #100

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2015, 04:50:40 AM »
Articles up for Saruman's Ambition and Ferocity.

October 19, 2015, 10:07:06 AM
Reply #101

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »
You're welcome my friend! I have nothing to add to your articles for Let Them Come! and Iron Axe, those seem perfect to me.

Added Faramir SoD as a weakness of both Ferocity and Saruman's Ambition.

October 20, 2015, 08:39:59 AM
Reply #102

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2015, 08:39:59 AM »
Wrote article for Here Lies Balin, Son of Fundin. We're getting there with the set 1 Dwarf cards! ;D

@Teltura: You'll notice that 3 of the minions in parentheses in that article didn't autolink. I know I can manually link cards, but I'm curious as to if I'm missing something, as 3 cards in a row suggests I'm not typing them in as the autolinker expects. Any advice on this?

October 20, 2015, 09:05:31 AM
Reply #103

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
Wow, that is really strange.  I can't even pin it down to what exactly is wrong, as those exact cards autolink just fine if you put them on their own line, or if you divide the sentence into a bullet list, or if you do just about anything else besides that exact configuration.  It's not the punctuation, changing the four cards to different cards still only autolinks the first, cards after that section autolink fine; I'm stumped. 

As far as I can tell, some extreme edge case in the regex is tripping up on that particular section, somehow.  Best you can do I think is work around it; either manually link like you suggested, or divide it into a bulleted list or something.

Excellent work on all these articles, btw.  I always pop in and read when you post, I just seldom have anything to add.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

October 20, 2015, 01:51:45 PM
Reply #104

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2015, 01:51:45 PM »
Nice article, detailed but concise. I'm glad to see you expanding the information about the Dwarvish culture ;).

I've seen that autolink problem a bunch of times before. It's related to the culture symbols but don't know the exact reason (I know nothing about programming). If you remove the [Moria] symbol in "or kill 2 [Moria] orcs" (and write "Moria" instead), all 4 card titles will autolink correctly (tested it in a preview). Another example: days ago, when adding info to Goblin Spear's article, the same happened. "You can help... by using Frenzy (assigns a Moria Orc to an exhausted companion)." First, I wrote "[Moria] Orc" but that maimed the autolink of Frenzy. Hope this little info brings some light into the issue.

So I replaced that symbol for the corresponding word, for the sake of autolinking all the 4 cards. 5 cards, because added the frightening Orc Butcher to that list. Added also 1 point in each strong vs and weak vs lists: strong versus "Skirmish wounding [Sauron] Orcs", and weak versus "Shadow decks with no Orcs".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:47:33 PM by Durin's Heir »