LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 31184 times)

October 21, 2015, 12:06:48 PM
Reply #105

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2015, 12:06:48 PM »
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but thanks again for the positive feedback. It's reassuring to know that you guys are reading (And improving!) this stuff on a regular basis. ;D

I had noticed the problem occasionally before, but I put it down to server issues. With them resolved I was curious as to what the problem was. I'll watch out for those culture symbols in the future!

Article for 1R23 Nobody Tosses a Dwarf! written.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

October 23, 2015, 09:53:37 AM
Reply #106

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
Article done for Their Halls of Stone.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

October 25, 2015, 07:09:03 AM
Reply #107

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2015, 07:09:03 AM »

October 26, 2015, 10:32:26 AM
Reply #108

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »
Article for Stand Against Darkness up. The lore next to this card doesn't seem to match the card's printed lore?

October 27, 2015, 01:48:08 PM
Reply #109

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
You're right, looking back at it, the sentence was ambiguous - I was trying to say that the [Sauron] culture is no more powerful than the other cultures, rather than imply it was less powerful. Changed that sentence.

October 27, 2015, 08:10:35 PM
Reply #110

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but thanks again for the positive feedback. It's reassuring to know that you guys are reading (And improving!) this stuff on a regular basis. ;D

Haha! You don't need to apologize, being a thankful and nice person is always a plus.
Those articles are really well written. Good work!

About Nobody Tosses A Dwarf, it's also strong against cards that are placed on the top of a deck, like Hidden Even From Her (can't recall any other example). And isn't blocked by Saruman's Snows or Cavern Entrance, which also predict who will win the brawl. Added them.

About Stand Against Darkness, Bitter Hatred is as deadly as Hate against it, or more if we consider it can wound Elf allies. Added it.

I have nothing to add about Their Halls of Stone and Still Draws Breath. I remember a time in real life when my Dwarf Guard, handling 2 axes, overwhelmed The Balrog at the bridge using 4x THoS and 3x Flurry of Blows! We laughed 'till it began to hurt.

I had noticed the problem occasionally before, but I put it down to server issues. With them resolved I was curious as to what the problem was. I'll watch out for those culture symbols in the future!

You don't need to abstain from using the culture symbols if in the same sentence there isn't a card title mentioned (that you don't want to link manually). A simple period will end their effect on further or previous sentences.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

October 28, 2015, 01:39:17 PM
Reply #111

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2015, 01:39:17 PM »
I've gotten so used to writing warnings about Hate, I had forgotten about Bitter Hatred! I used to use that card in Fellowship because I was fed up of playing vs last alliance decks. Thanks for the culture symbol tip, I haven't used them too much recently, will try to get back into the habit.

I don't think I've ever played anything on a Dwarf Guard, save maybe Dwarven Armor. That must have been an exceptional game!

Article written for Mithril Shaft. I've never used that card, but I thought of quite a few uses for it. Hopefully none of them break any game rules ;)

October 29, 2015, 06:04:20 PM
Reply #112

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2015, 06:04:20 PM »
I have actually. Added it.

October 30, 2015, 11:11:02 AM
Reply #113

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2015, 11:11:02 AM »
Article written for Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord.

October 30, 2015, 03:17:51 PM
Reply #114

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »
Mithril Shaft can try to get you counters to swarms, like Disquiet of Our People or Here Lies Balin, Son of Fundin. Besides Deep in Thought, you can activate Fury of the White Rider. Is also weak to discard decks. Added those points.

Great article for Saruman Agent of the Dark Lord. Nothing to add.

I don't think I've ever played anything on a Dwarf Guard, save maybe Dwarven Armor. That must have been an exceptional game!

Indeed it was! Very often The Balrog was killed by damage bonuses, most of the times by Gimli and once even by Thrarin with 2 axes. And some few times he was overwhelmed ;).

I was forced to use Dwarf Guards, because never had Gloin FtT in my hands. Nor even a single copy of Dwarven Bracers or Endurance of Dwarves, or Gimli SoG. But hey, always packed 3x Lord of Moria and 12 or 14 pumps so The Witch King rarely did anything, Pale Blade or not!
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

November 01, 2015, 11:47:58 AM
Reply #115

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2015, 11:47:58 AM »
I was forced to use Dwarf Guards, because never had Gloin FtT in my hands. Nor even a single copy of Dwarven Bracers or Endurance of Dwarves, or Gimli SoG. But hey, always packed 3x Lord of Moria and 12 or 14 pumps so The Witch King rarely did anything, Pale Blade or not!

I think your comment there really highlights the difference between Gemp games and real life games (Except for collectors who had all the cards) - I had never played with Goblin Armory or Relics of Moria before Gemp, so I knew nothing of that loop, and I never played with Gimli's Helm either, which made life harder vs uruks and the balrog. It's a shame you didn't have Gloin, he was pretty good when playing with the physical cards.

Thanks for the extras for Mithril Shaft :) I expanded on Throne of the Golden Hall today, it already had a pretty good article, but it had several spelling/grammar issues that needed tidying up, and I added a few details while I was at it. Should get back to the Fellowship cards soon.

November 01, 2015, 01:52:46 PM
Reply #116

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »
I always thought Throne of the Golden Hall was one of the most overpowered cards ever to climb from a twisted, psychotropic-dependant, chaotic, obscure mind. How can you ever try to imagine a way of killing Eomer in skirmish if this thing is on the table? First you need to win the skirmish (dream on...), then there are followers or armors/helms (keep on dreaming...). Then comes this card, and allies save him from dying against a Balrog-and-Sauron tag-team. :( Then comes Well Stored or Mithlond, oh my...

Is there any other way than Grond to remove that thing from the board? It's an ARTIFACT, for goodness' sake! A last thing: blocks my favourite minion from fighting, as if Decipher hadn't made Saruman a weak fighter until very late...

I think your comment there really highlights the difference between Gemp games and real life games (Except for collectors who had all the cards) - I had never played with Goblin Armory or Relics of Moria before Gemp, so I knew nothing of that loop, and I never played with Gimli's Helm either, which made life harder vs uruks and the balrog. It's a shame you didn't have Gloin, he was pretty good when playing with the physical cards.
That's true. I had 1 copy of Relics (from a lucky Gandalf starter, with Morgul Hunter and Elrond LoR) but without Goblin Armory or Moria Axe its usefulness is very limited. I had Gimli's Helm and Gimli's Battle Axe, but no uncommon Bracers or Endurance. That, of course, didn't limited the fun at all! We were forced to find new combos and uses for small, cheap cards, and a good bunch of the whole fun came from that.

Thanks for the extras for Mithril Shaft :)
You are welcome my fellow. No, thank you for keeping the work of writting new articles.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:46:20 PM by Durin's Heir »

November 02, 2015, 12:21:48 PM
Reply #117

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2015, 12:21:48 PM »
Agree with you there. The second ability hasn't actually bothered me very much, but immobilising Saruman is very painful. And yes, Grond is the only method I know of to discard Free Peoples generic artifacts (Naturally if it's an artifact weapon there are methods), if there are others I'd love to know what they are, because I don't like fighting Throne of Minas Tirith or Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light either.

It's funny as well how perspective of cards can change. It took me a while to realise that I could stack Endurance of Dwarves on one guy, and I never thought of splashing Shotgun Enquea.

Did Halls of My Home, but didn't have a whole lot to say, unfortunately.

November 02, 2015, 01:42:56 PM
Reply #118

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »
Halls of My Home and What Are We Waiting For are also used with Drawing His Eye in Movie Block and onwards. Besides that, I have no other info to add. The cost of exerting a Dwarf kills most of its usefulness, more over with Dwaves having little vitality in FOTR/TTT.

Grond, HotU has many problems on its own. Unlike Shotgun Enquea or Wormtongue, it's not easily splashable. Requires [Sauron] minions to pile up tokens, and that changes your shadow deck substantially if you use it to protect Saruman from Throne of the Golden Hall, or Wargriders from Throne of Minas Tirith, or... Also works at regroup, too late for Saruman to fight. Can be discarded by Galadriel LR, Roll of Thunder, or by the Throne of Minas Tirith itself >:( (you can use Cavern Entrance to protect it, but the complexity doesn't decline with that). You can truly splash Grond to get rid of things that cost (0) only.

What were they thinking?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:52:57 PM by Durin's Heir »

November 03, 2015, 08:54:04 AM
Reply #119

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2015, 08:54:04 AM »
I think lack of artifact discard (for the shadow player) was a loose end Decipher never got around to tying up, along with a lack of Follower discard and the mysterious absence of [Orc] archers ;) I still enjoy Expanded for what it is though.

Did Wealth of Moria, the final set 1 [Dwarven] card. Time for a celebration! :mrgreen: