LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 31136 times)

November 03, 2015, 03:13:30 PM
Reply #120

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2015, 03:13:30 PM »
A dwarvish celebration with dwarvish potions! \:D/ (Oh shut up, I'm abstemious; dwarvish green tea for me then! 8-))

I have nothing to add to your Wealth of Moria article :up:. But reviewed each Set 1 [Dwarven] article, and expanded the information for Farin, Gimli DoE, Gimli's Battle Axe, Greatest Kingdom of My People, Grimir Dwarven Elder, Stairs of Khazad-Dum and Thrarin. Those are mostly small details. But when expanding Grimir's article I was somewhat inspired and had important things to say, please drop by and read it.

I think lack of artifact discard (for the shadow player) was a loose end Decipher never got around to tying up, along with a lack of Follower discard and the mysterious absence of [Orc] archers ;) I still enjoy Expanded for what it is though.
Yes, it was an awful ommission. I don't play expanded due to the sick, infinite potential of sick combos. I'm a lover of lore-consistency and most individual Post-Mount Doom cards and rules (not to say their many, many combos) weren't made to accomplish that purpose at all.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:27:04 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

November 03, 2015, 03:20:55 PM
Reply #121

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »
Note that the "by Michael Parker" and similar footnotes are because the article originally comes from a blog post on Decipher's website.  There's no need to sign off every edit, and if the article is added to or substantially changed we can always remove the attribution, since it's embedded in the article history.

Still, what a milestone!  A small percentage of cards, but I think Dictionary's got the right idea to do this moving forward...."write an article for every card" is a rough goal, but "write an article for all [culture] cards in [set]" is much more doable, apparently.

Congratulations all around for the writing and editing effort!
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

November 05, 2015, 12:43:13 PM
Reply #122

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2015, 12:43:13 PM »
@DurinsHeir: Thanks for checking through, some of the earlier articles were a little bare. Grimir's article is looking very comprehensive now ;D

@TelTura: Thanks, I think these milestones are also good because Set 1 is one of the major sets, whereas sets 2 and 3 aren't so bad, with some cultures only having about 5 cards :)

Article for Bow of the Galadhrim written.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

November 05, 2015, 05:34:02 PM
Reply #123

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2015, 05:34:02 PM »
@Dictionary: Thanks to you instead, it's my [Dwarven] culture and my [Dwarven] people who gets the benefits ;).

Bow of the Galadhrim is one of the 3 FOTR block cards that can wound (and try to kill) Saruman before or during skirmishes. The other 2 are Betrayal of Isengard and Hobbit Sword-play. Added it.

@TelTura: Thanks! It has been a pleasure to contribute my grain of sand. The article of Michael Parker seemed very good to me, so adding instead of replacing was the natural step ahead (I took Dethwish07's addition to Johnny Crawford's Dwarven Heart article as a precedent). Those articles are written like a story, it's sometimes easier to include an addition than to summarize and rewrite everything again. But things can be summarized, and if a much clearer text results then such change is welcome.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

November 06, 2015, 06:10:37 AM
Reply #124

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:37 AM »
Bow of the Galadhrim is one of the 3 FOTR block cards that can wound (and try to kill) Saruman before or during skirmishes. The other 2 are Betrayal of Isengard and Hobbit Sword-play. Added it.
A Ranger's Versatility comes to mind for conditional exhausting, allowing one to pick off any Uruk-Hai during Archery or Skirmish.
-wtk

November 06, 2015, 03:40:37 PM
Reply #125

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
A Ranger's Versatility comes to mind for conditional exhausting, allowing one to pick off any Uruk-Hai during Archery or Skirmish.
-wtk
That's true Ket. Keeper of Isengard can no longer prevent wounds, and that's always a good thing. But the most important effect of ARV would be to remove Saruman with BotG, and with him that nasty fierce keyword. Shouldn't be difficult for a TMAYOD fellowship.

November 06, 2015, 05:29:28 PM
Reply #126

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
Added those points, and wrote article for Defiance*.

EDIT: Did Let Folly be Our Cloak too.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:13:09 PM by Dictionary »
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

November 07, 2015, 07:33:08 PM
Reply #127

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »
I have nothing to add to Defiance*.

But regarding Let Folly Be Our Cloak, it allows you to use special abilities that require less than [X] in the twilight pool: Gimli DoE and Gandalf Greyhame come to mind. Also, events like Risk A Little Light and Questions That Need Answering (those underrated events can assemble you killer FP or Shadow hands!). Playing 1 companion from discard with Greyhame at site 7 or 8 can win you many games (like Aragorn ROTN or Heir of Elendil), playing 2 should be much better (like Pippin Hobbit of Some Intelligence or Eowyn Lady of Rohan).

It's also useful with Till Durin Wakes Again when moving from an underground. And with Mithlond at Expanded. Besides, can be grabbed again by Barliman (who alike this event, doesn't need Gandalf). Who can be healed by Mithlond.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:36:59 PM by Durin's Heir »

November 08, 2015, 08:13:03 AM
Reply #128

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2015, 08:13:03 AM »
Re-structured the article to include those points. Wrote article for Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer.

November 09, 2015, 12:04:51 PM
Reply #129

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »

November 10, 2015, 08:01:09 AM
Reply #130

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2015, 08:01:09 AM »

November 11, 2015, 05:29:21 PM
Reply #131

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »

November 15, 2015, 09:57:52 AM
Reply #132

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2015, 09:57:52 AM »

November 16, 2015, 11:56:20 AM
Reply #133

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »

November 17, 2015, 04:43:00 PM
Reply #134

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
Legolas Prince of Mirkwood is very good at those sites 2 and 3 that benefit Nazgul, when your fellowship hasn't already set up and Wraiths have a strong advantage; therefore he's great when pairing with a Nazgul shadow side. He's also weak to Bill Ferny, Watcher in the Water and tentacles. With Bow of the Galadhrim, he's also strong against minions that require vitality to exert. Added those points.

Gandalf BoO decks can remove burdens with Tom Bombadil or Bouncing Hobbits (Home and Hearth with replaying hobbits like Pippin WoBaS or Merry Swordthain; Make Haste; and Merry Impatient Hobbit or Pippin Hastiest of All with Knocked On The Head). He can also get resistance bonuses from followers like Radagast ToB and Gwaihir, although those are not as reliable as his possessions, but are worthy when double or triple moving towards site 9. Companions with muster can help him to get more [Gandalf] cards to ditch, just before moving at regroup; [Gandalf] related cards are Strange Meeting, Theoden KotE, Fear and Great Wonder, Gandalf's Staff Ash Staff and With Doom We Come. Added those points too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:44:40 PM by Durin's Heir »