LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 31179 times)

March 10, 2016, 03:45:11 PM
Reply #210

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2016, 03:45:11 PM »
@Ket_the_jet_: Thanks again Ket! :up: Did those 2, and others I found using the search function: Orc Butcher, Ent Avenger, A Promise, Mysterious Wizard, Pathfinder, Defiance, Nobody Tosses A Dwarf, In the Ringwraith's Wake and Drawn To Its Power. Both versions of Drawn to its Power lacked the reference to "Other Prints".

@Dictonary: Yes, Change of Plans' article seems to have room for a small mention to Stern People. Should mention also No Safe Places, and perhaps a reference to the Fruit Loops combo used in Open format (a link to a decklist would be great!).

Stern People's article should reference cards like Change of Plans + hand discard (The White Arrows of Lorien, Ancient Enmity, No Safe Places), because the card is too dangerous by itself alone for the benefit it brings. The only way it'll be used is by specifying the way to avoid/reduce its heavy cost, and that requires both hand discard at any phase (to allow you to use it by discarding less cards), and hand shuffling/hand discard during regroup (to weaken/destroy the reinforcing cards from discard pile).

Neat article for UtWE :up: ;D. In Towers Standard and King Standard, it's AWESOME with I'd Make You Squeak, and even better with the addition of You Bring Great Evil. I believe you should mention that combo in a small new paragraph.

UtWE suffers alike Goblin Armory from condition discard, as both rely on numbers. But UtWE suffers even more, the same way as Thin and Stretched and You Bring Great Evil: it's totally useless at site 9, and of little use at sites 7 and 8. Therefore, a reference to Orc Guard can be done: the Guard can use those otherwise useless cards in play to get rid of annoying/disruptive FP conditions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:48:31 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

March 11, 2016, 11:11:55 AM
Reply #211

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
That initiative-dependant combo can be used along with 2 other initiative-dependant cards: Gollum Plotting Deceiver and Let Her Deal With Them. So you can have a dmg+2 (!) Bill Ferny, aiding a dmg+2 Nazgûl, if you have initiative during the Shadow phase and remove [4] (to play Gollum and 2x LHDWT from discard pile). Use Saved From the Fire to burn Smeagol and get 1x Plotting Deceiver (or Captured by the Ring) and 2x LHDWT from the very start... :twisted:

Wrote article for Gollum, Plotting Deceiver, let me know what you think. Also updated Under the Watching Eye with your points.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

March 11, 2016, 05:11:04 PM
Reply #212

Dmessy

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
Just did They are Coming. Not so sure about this one. I had no idea what to put under "Strong Versus" so please put something there. Thanks.
I think something should go here.

March 15, 2016, 02:15:02 PM
Reply #213

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2016, 02:15:02 PM »
Expanded the strategy a bit for They are Coming and filled in other sections.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

March 16, 2016, 01:36:56 PM
Reply #214

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2016, 01:36:56 PM »

March 17, 2016, 02:54:21 PM
Reply #215

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »

March 19, 2016, 06:00:17 PM
Reply #216

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:17 PM »

March 22, 2016, 10:14:29 AM
Reply #217

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2016, 10:14:29 AM »
Updated Change of Plans and wrote article for Blade of Gondor.

March 23, 2016, 12:20:49 PM
Reply #218

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »
I've been very busy lately, and that probably won't change soon :(, so this is all I can add by now.
The article of Blade of Gondor has a small error (can't be borne along with Narsil), but is really good regardless of it. I'd add these points:

- the best version of Boromir to wield it is Defender of Minas Tirith due to massive healing (but Lord of Gondor -KiE and Hard Choice- and Bearer of Council can use it well too). Other ways to get healing are Men of Numenor and Elrond HtGG, which besides are awesome for double moves (a weak point of DoMT); those are great for Horn of Boromir too.
- it combos really well with Elendil's Valor (or Wielder of the Flame) for obvious reasons (you face 2 orcs/uruks just to kill 1 by direct wound and the other by strength :twisted:)
- it's good against not only beatdown but swarm too (Goblin Backstabber hates it!), moreover if following the previous tip.
- with Bearer of Council (as RB), Ranger's Bow will cover the weakness to Man minions (or to all minions if roaming, to achieve that use Gondorian Ranger or Man the Walls / ranger fortifications / New Errand), which is really cool for RB Ranger decks. Besides, BoC using ATAR means a really mean vitality of 5 to abuse those weapons, if you can prevent the wounds (Arwen Elven Rider, Unknown Perils, SotWT), heal them (Banner of Westernesse, TSC) or manage the burdens.
- Proud and Noble Man + Prancing Pony can play it from the very start (Expanded).

- is weak to You Bring Great Evil, Desperate Defense of the Ring and Wounded (and to some extent, Black Breath and Black Dart).
- weak also to Saruman KoI and Isengard Shaman.
- obviously weak to weapon/possession discard (Cantea LoDG), but Isengard Smith has little power over it.
- weak to Saruman's Snows (but the mighty Boromir's Cloak can counter that).

All in all, it's one of the best cards ever released! So the article can be expanded a lot.

As said above, that's all my twisted, sleepless mind can vomit by now ;). Cheers my friends!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:37:06 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

March 25, 2016, 07:13:49 PM
Reply #219

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2016, 07:13:49 PM »
Updated and re-structured. Thanks for the input, that card definitely has one of the more comprehensive articles now ;D

I'm also pretty busy, have slowed down in writing, but I still try to do a card every few days. One day we'll get Fellowship set 1 done ;)

March 28, 2016, 06:39:01 AM
Reply #220

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2016, 06:39:01 AM »

April 01, 2016, 06:17:30 AM
Reply #221

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2016, 06:17:30 AM »
Wrote article for Gondor's Vengeance, which was the last [Gondor] card in set 1 with no strategy. That leaves only [Shire] for the Free Peoples cards.

April 14, 2016, 01:15:48 PM
Reply #222

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2016, 01:15:48 PM »

April 25, 2016, 09:26:27 AM
Reply #223

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »

May 07, 2016, 08:27:40 AM
Reply #224

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2016, 08:27:40 AM »