LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Article Feedback  (Read 31127 times)

April 29, 2018, 03:24:30 PM
Reply #330

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: Article Feedback
« Reply #330 on: April 29, 2018, 03:24:30 PM »
Uruk Shaman + Uruk Spear can clear the board from mounts easily with enough twilight. That's vulnerable to maneuver wounding, but if the FP player doesn't have a way to wound him twice immediately ([Gondor] Defend it and Hope, [Gandalf] Fury of the White Rider / Terrible and Evil, or [Dwarven] Baruk Khazad + another single wound event), then he/she will have to lose 1 mount and wound the Shaman before he can heal. Also, the Uruk Spear might be borne by another Uruk with more vitality (although that means reducing twilight).

Besides that, he can reduce twilight just added at maneuver for spotting requirements (The White Wizard, Deep in Thought, Fury of the White Rider), working marvels against Shoulder to Shoulder (although the splashable Not Easily Destroyed is often better). Or reload Orthanc Berserker's exhausting trick (assuming that after paying [8] for both, you still have [4]*X free and also can spot 5 burdens).
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

April 30, 2018, 01:29:56 PM
Reply #331

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #331 on: April 30, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »
Uruk Shaman + Uruk Spear can clear the board from mounts easily with enough twilight. That's vulnerable to maneuver wounding, but if the FP player doesn't have a way to wound him twice immediately ([Gondor] Defend it and Hope, [Gandalf] Fury of the White Rider / Terrible and Evil, or [Dwarven] Baruk Khazad + another single wound event), then he/she will have to lose 1 mount and wound the Shaman before he can heal. Also, the Uruk Spear might be borne by another Uruk with more vitality (although that means reducing twilight).

Besides that, he can reduce twilight just added at maneuver for spotting requirements (The White Wizard, Deep in Thought, Fury of the White Rider), working marvels against Shoulder to Shoulder (although the splashable Not Easily Destroyed is often better). Or reload Orthanc Berserker's exhausting trick (assuming that after paying [8] for both, you still have [4]*X free and also can spot 5 burdens).
Added. Good to hear from you again Durin's Heir :)
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

April 30, 2018, 08:10:25 PM
Reply #332

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #332 on: April 30, 2018, 08:10:25 PM »
Thanks! It's nice too to see your hard work on the LOTR Wiki.

I got some things to add about Hobbit Farmer. First, besides Aragorn (the Prancing Pony) and Bilbo (Hobbiton Party Field) he can play from deck Merry and Pippin (Farmer Maggot's Fields) or Sam (Green Dragon Inn). Also, in Pre-Shadows multipath, it's more stable than Knocked on the Head to replay the self-discardable versions.

Second, the Prancing Pony is NOT useless after playing Aragorn (or without him at all)! It's the only card usable by the FP to add burdens, and as such it's the only way to feed The Shire Countryside without risking the RB in skirmish (or taking archery with him, but that's only against some Shadows). It's also during the Fellowship phase, when burdens are easier (and wounds more important) to remove.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:13:31 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

May 02, 2018, 05:20:14 AM
Reply #333

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #333 on: May 02, 2018, 05:20:14 AM »
Added. I love the Lieutenant of Orthanc + Uruk Shaman idea. I use to use Lieutenant ages ago, before I found Gemp, but he seems weaker than Lurtz.

Pass of Caradhras; Ulaire Attea, KoDG; Ulaire Toldea, MoM; All Thought Bent on It; Pippin, FtF
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

May 07, 2018, 04:04:40 AM
Reply #334

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman

May 13, 2018, 01:12:57 PM
Reply #335

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #335 on: May 13, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »
Orc Butchery, Orc Assassin, Orc Scimitar, Orc Chieftain, Stone Trolls.

Does Orc Butchery include the character who just died? I did the maths assuming yes, but now I think I may be wrong?

May 14, 2018, 06:43:04 AM
Reply #336

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #336 on: May 14, 2018, 06:43:04 AM »
Placing a companion in the dead pile is essentially a required trigger (same as assigning threat wounds), so it'll happen before any response actions. Your math did assume that a copy is played for each of 4 distinct deaths though, which may not always be the case (e.g., play two copies from hand when a companion dies). Great article, though. I'm interested in building a deck around that card now, never really noticed it before!

May 14, 2018, 08:52:48 AM
Reply #337

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #337 on: May 14, 2018, 08:52:48 AM »
Placing a companion in the dead pile is essentially a required trigger (same as assigning threat wounds), so it'll happen before any response actions. Your math did assume that a copy is played for each of 4 distinct deaths though, which may not always be the case (e.g., play two copies from hand when a companion dies). Great article, though. I'm interested in building a deck around that card now, never really noticed it before!
Thanks! I've fleshed it out a bit more now. I've never tried Orc Butchery on Gemp, but played with a physical copy ages ago, I had forgotten you could play multiples at once!

May 19, 2018, 07:24:09 AM
Reply #338

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:57:30 AM by Dictionary »

May 28, 2018, 08:10:26 AM
Reply #339

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2018, 08:10:26 AM »
A Talent for Not Being Seen, Seeking Its Master, Alive and Unspoiled, The Underdeeps of Moria

I thought I'd have more to say on Underdeeps, maybe I'm forgetting something. Only 8 cards left.

EDIT: Desperate Defense of the Ring, The Gaffer's Pipe, Bag End, Farmer Maggot's Fields.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:42:05 AM by Dictionary »

June 09, 2018, 07:50:16 AM
Reply #340

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #340 on: June 09, 2018, 07:50:16 AM »

June 10, 2018, 05:45:34 PM
Reply #341

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »
 =D>

Well done!  I wish we still had  :gp: so that I could give you a bunch
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

June 11, 2018, 09:27:38 AM
Reply #342

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2018, 09:27:38 AM »
How fitting for There and Back Again to be the last card. Excellent work!

May 14, 2020, 08:58:49 AM
Reply #343

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #343 on: May 14, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »

There is also someone on the recently-popular Facebook group who is in the process of sending me physical rulebooks for Return of the King, Rise of Saruman, Bloodlines, and Fellowship, which I will scan in, compile to PDFs, and update the links on the rulebooks page once that's complete.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

May 20, 2020, 03:00:15 AM
Reply #344

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #344 on: May 20, 2020, 03:00:15 AM »
Updated the Wiki Index to have tables that are more related to each other to be more tightly bound.

In particular I consolidated Actions into an easier-to-parse table.  This still needs to have all the various Verbs that a new player might come across entered here (and the actual article filled in if it's red-linked).

I also included a location for more catch-all concepts under Mechanics, which at the moment just contains Initiative and Threats, concepts which were shoehorned in elsewhere but didn't really fit.

TODO: (and anyone reading this feel free to contribute the following)

• Go through all links on the main index and ensure that each existing article includes the table it's contained in at the bottom of the article.  For instance, Knight contains at the bottom a reference to the Unloaded Keywords table, which permits someone to easily navigate between keywords if they're browsing.
  • Read through a bunch of cards and try to find more Action verbs that cards reference that are not included in the Actions table.
  • Read through a bunch of cards (and the Comprehensive Guide) and try to find more Mechanics that cards reference that are not included in the Mechanics table.
  • Go through all articles linked on the main index (existing or not) and ensure there is an actual article explaining the concepts, history, pitfalls, and other relevant information about the concept more than just a quote from the Comprehensive Guide (see Wound for an example).
  • Overhaul the Formats sections to include all the formats that exist (such as the ones that Gemp supports).
  • Write articles for the individual sets (all red links near the bottom).
  • Go through all articles linked on the main index and add a list of cards that are relevant to the concept.  See again Wound for a good example: all the cards that cause wounds, and all the cards that prevent wounds, sorted by Culture and then Set.  Don't worry about this if you're volunteering; I have a script that can be used to search the entire database of cards for keywords that spits out these lists.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.